Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Taste of Hot Wings on a Bun

My little Silly Goose is becoming picker and picker by the day about what he eats, and I am determined to curb this problem this summer before it gets too out of hand.  The way I plan to correct this problem is by actually preparing dinner most nights during the week and sitting down at the table to eat with him.  During the school year, it is so easy and tempting to just grab something easy for dinner, but obviously my laziness is creating bad habits for Mr. Silly Goose.

In order to actually follow through with this plan when school starts back up, I must find recipes this summer that are easy to make and that we all like to eat.  If I can throw it in the Crockpot during the day, that's even better.  So, I decided to try My Kitchen Apron's Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken recipe.  It was so tasty that the hubby went back for a second one, and that is saying a lot since he is on this whole healthy eating, low calorie kick. 

The original recipe says to serve it on a bun, but I went ahead and took it one step further and piled it on a Hawaiian Bread bun and put a slice of Pepper Jack cheese on it.  This recipe is definitely a keeper.

Here's how it turned out!

Love my mad photography skills? HA!  Maybe I should start pinning some of the photoshop tips I keep seeing on Pinterest.


No comments:

Post a Comment