Monday, June 4, 2012

A Baby Shower

So, these two desserts are not really desserts that I made this summer, but I did make them shortly before school let out for the summer break.  Our librarian is expecting a baby in June, so I signed up to make one of ten chocolate desserts for her shower (she's a true chocoholic). 

The first dessert I attempted to make from my Pinterest Dessert board was the Oreo Puddin' Poke Cake from The Country Cook.  I did not pay attention to the fact that the cake mix needed to be a fudge chocolate mix, and I just picked up regular milk chocolate.  So other than the fact that my cake was a light brown instead of the color of an Oreo, I would say that it turned out pretty much like the picture on her site.  (I do not have a picture because I made the dessert before I decided to start this quest.)  Here's the funny part- I arrived at school on Monday morning so excited to taste the cake only to find out that the shower was the following Monday.  Needless to say, my 7th grade teacher friends had a great dessert that day.  I even gave the librarian a piece of it for her pre-shower gift.  It was going before the day was over, and everyone said  they liked it with the milk chocolate cake.

Image courtesy of TheCountryCook

Because of my goof-up, I had to make a second dessert for the following Monday, so I decided to try something different, why not.  For the real shower date, I clicked on over to Let's Dish Recipes and tried the Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Dessert.  Not only was it easy to make, though it did take some time, but the end results were heavenly.  I could be a little bias, but I believe it was the best dessert at the shower. 

Image courtesy of Let's Dish Recipes

Making these two desserts is what lead me to start this blog.  I figured it would be a fun way to keep track of what projects I actually complete from my Pinterest boards while giving me the chance to give my input on my final product.  I will be taking pictures with all future projects so that you, too, can see the end result.

1 comment:

  1. wow. you got this going fast after our conversation! looks good!

    ReplyDelete