Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Breakfast on the Go

I had previously pinned Kayln's Kitchen Egg Muffin, but when I saw it pop up again, I thought it would be a good recipe for my latest Weight Watchers journey.  I had thought of making it a few times before, but come breakfast time, I was always too hungry to wait.  So, I made the Egg Muffins for dinner last night.

Here's how I changed it up to fit my taste and my WW points.  For my fixins, I added diced ham, jalapenos, bell peppers, and reduced fat Mexican blend cheese.

I used all egg whites in place of the eggs.  I also added some Eskimo Joe's seasoning and garlic salt to the eggs before pouring them on the fixins.

I used double-liners to cook the eggs this time, but I definitely will invest in some silicon liners for the next time.  Despite having sprayed them with non-stick cooking spray, Kelley and I both had a hard time getting the muffin out of the liner without breaking the muffin.  Though the muffins no longer looked like muffins once out of the liners, they were still rather delicious, with or without the Asada Verde salsa that I added to our plates.

I had two for breakfast this morning and discovered that they were actually better when they were reheated.  So this recipe is definitely a winner for me.  After all, it is the perfect idea- make ahead, grab two on my way to work, and all for 4 Points Plus. Breakfast on the Go for an entire week!

No comments:

Post a Comment