Thursday, June 21, 2012

Happy Father's Day

What do you buy for the man who has everything he wants?  My husband makes it very difficult for anyone to buy him a gift because he buys it if he wants it, leaving nothing left to be purchased.  Because of this frustrating quality that he possesses, I had to get creative.   Typically, I have no problem being creative; at times, I probably get a little too creativity, but my husband is not what you would call mushy and is not very sentimental.  I had to do lots of thinking.  I wanted to give me something sweet for Father's Day, but I had to make sure that I wasn't just making it because I wanted it.  I had to really think about what he would really appreciate.  So, I decided to go with two ideas that I found on Pinterest, of course. 

First, I pinned this sweet poem from Create.Craft.Love's blog.  She had a free printable of them poem with footprints printed in the background, but I wanted to capture Benjamin's footprints.  So, we took to the front porch.  I let him pick different colors and make different color combinations.   With a smile on his face, he would step in the paint, and then with much gusto, he would stomp on the cardstock. This activity provided much entertainment for both of us and even allowed him to practice naming his colors.   All of this fun left us with several footprint sets to choose from; I let Benjamin make the final call, and he chose the green and black prints.  Next, I printed off Helen Bush's poem "Walk with Me, Daddy" on vellum paper.  I put them together in a frame, and here was present one that we presented to Daddy on Father's Day.

I decided that I also needed to capture some photos of Benjamin at this age to go along with his footprints.  Once I saw the Dad photo collage on Twinkle Toes Bowtique, I knew it was the perfect gift. Benjamin and I headed out to the Stockyards and Botanic Gardens, toting along our wooden letters, D and A.  Hopefully, my husband enjoys it as much as I do. 

These are the pictures I used in the frame.


Benjamin surprised me by being a real trooper during my novice photo shoots, but he had even more fun being the photographer.
  

Daddy loved his present and his Father's Day lunch at Salt Grass. 


No comments:

Post a Comment